Loan Support Specialist I
Greenwood , South Carolina
Posted On: June 26, 2019
Last Day to Apply: July 12, 2019
Loan Support Specialist I
For Countybank – Greenwood SC
Serving our clients, our communities, and our associates
Countybank is a privately held, high-growth financial services institution. We focus on the customer relationship and provide the best possible products and services to our clients. Countybank offers customers a full suite of financial services, including banking, insurance, mortgage, investments, and trust.
Countybank is seeking a Loan Support Specialist I. The Loan Support Specialist I is the key administrative position for the Loan Support Department. The Loan Support Department serves as loan processing for all Consumer and Commercial lenders, regardless of market. While previous loan processing experiences is helpful in this position, it is also a good entry point for someone to learn the loan support process.
Major Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Booking and Checking Loans
- Input data on Laser Pro, independently verify input, record disbursement of funds on General Ledger.
- Loan Documentation
- Review loan files for completeness and follow up with appropriate personnel on pending items.
- Customer Service
- Handle external and internal phone calls providing miscellaneous information such as rate quotes, payoff quotes and payment status.
- Scanning and Indexing Loans
- Ensure that loans are scanned and filed properly into the Bank’s Imaging System
- Daily Balancing
- Reconcile Loans-in-Process to General Ledger.
- Preparing and Reviewing Periodic Reports
- Review and clear exception reports, review and process instant cash past dues and distribute various loan reports to appropriate personnel.
- Appraisals for Real Estate Loans
- Review order request and order appraisals for Commercial and Consumer Real Estate Loans.
- Paid Out Notes and Cure Letters
- Professional Development
- Continue to develop career by attending appropriate seminsars and training sessions.
- Miscellaneous Responsibilities: Sort mail, file, input ticklers, research (internal and external), key item entry, prepare rate changes, and coordinate tasks with loan officers each day as needed.
Qualifications, Education/Job Skills:
- High School Diploma required; 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, majoring in Business or related field preferred
- 1 - 3 years verifiable working experience in a loan support and/or administrative role.
- Proven ability to easily learn computer software, above average Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Above average technical ability to extract data from various systems and generate customized reports for Management/Board.
The ideal candidate for this position should be self-motivated, possess a high level of initiative, and be able to make deadlines, even under pressure. The right person must be able to handle daily job duties without constant supervision, work as part of an existing team. This position requires someone with above average organizational and time management skills but also someone who can work on several duties at the same time. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are a must. Also understand the importance of organizational confidentiality and must be able to understand and apply the Core Values of TCB Corporation while working with internal as well as external customers.
Salary and Benefits:
Countybank offers a competitive salary, exceptional retirement and insurance benefits.
If you have some of the above experience, are self motivated, are able to create your own job structure, develop and grow others, don’t like “micro-management”, but like to build innovation into your day, then consider working for this stable, one-of-a-kind community financial institution, where one-on-one relationships have been the key to their success. This is the place where you can truly expand your career potential as this institution grows regionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe that talent and effort are the foundation of a great associate. We look forward to learning about how you see yourself in this critical organizational role.