Private Client Advisor
Greenville, South Carolina
Last Day to Apply: June 13, 2019
Private Client Advisor
For Greenwood Capital Associates, LLC
Serving our clients, our communities, and our associates
Greenwood Capital Associates, LLC, a multi-faceted registered independent advisor, is seeking a talented and knowledgeable professional for a Private Client Advisor position in our Greenville office. As part of the Wealth Division, the proper candidate is to prospect High Net Worth professionals, business owners, foundations and other individuals seeking counsel for optimizing the growth of their investable assets. As an Investment Adviser Representative (IAR), the Private Client Advisor serves as their clients' key contact, advisor and consultant for all matters pertaining to the client relationship. The IAR creates a partnership with the client to mutually identify financial goals/aspirations and to develop an overall investment plan.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Client Servicing: Serve as the main point of client contact, providing all aspects of client servicing in a professional and responsible manner, including (but not limited to):
- Maximizing client engagement by assessing, understanding and identifying client financial goals, and recommending investment plans, and holistic financial solutions as a Certified Financial Planner OR through introductions to qualified financial providers.
- Maintaining accurate and timely documentation, including Client Relationship Forms (suitability documentation) and Client Notes (contact management system).
- Conducting client portfolio review meetings and keeping clients apprised of relevant changes in the economy, market conditions; and of GCA's investment views and expectations for the economy and the markets.
- Monitoring investment portfolios in accordance with client objectives and risk tolerance by devoting the requisite amount of attention to professionally oversee the investment management of each client account; monitoring adherence to asset allocation, compliance tolerances, cash management, and client specific needs.
- Maintaining client correspondence to include letters, email messages, notes, and publications of interest or pertinence to the client, as appropriate for the relationship. Ensure documentation of correspondence.
- New Business Development: Demonstrate exceptional product and business development skills by acquiring profitable client relationships within Firm asset and revenue targets. Business Development activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Networking during events where targeted prospects assemble.
- Inviting and providing prospects with brief informal conversations over coffee, breakfasts, lunches, etc.
- Develop "Centers of Influence" or individuals who can refer Representative to prospects as "warm" introductions or for investment advice.
- Initiating contacts and cultivating referrals to build new clients and to identify further prospects.
- New Accounts: In compliance with the Firm Compliance Program and operational procedures, work with the GCA Wealth Private Client Administrator and GCA Operations to ensure efficient and accurate opening of new accounts and receipt of all required documentation.
- Compliance: Maintain the fiduciary standard expected of all Firm personnel, comply with the Firm’s Code of Ethics and Compliance Program, overall fostering a culture of compliance.
- Other: Assist with special projects and other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field
- Master’s/Advanced Degree or Certification preferred
- Required license(s): Series 65 or Series 7 and 66; or other FINRA recognized qualifying certifications
- 5 – 7 years of Financial Advisor experience with a Registered Investment Advisory Firm, Trust Operation, or Brokerage.
Greenwood Capital Associates, LLC offers competitive base salary, opportunity for commission and exceptional benefits.
This is a full-time position in a smoke and drug-free workplace with strong corporate values that foster associate growth and satisfaction. We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe that talent and effort are the foundation of a great associate. We look forward to learning about how you see yourself in this exciting role.