Accounts Payable Accountant
Greenwood , South Carolina
Last Day to Apply: March 01, 2019
Accounts Payable Accountant
For Countybank – Greenwood, SC
Serving our clients, our communities, and our associates
Countybank is a privately held, high-growth financial services institution. We focus on the customer relationship and provide the best possible products and services to our clients. Countybank offers customers a full suite of financial services, including banking, insurance, mortgage, investments, and trust.
Countybank is seeking a Accounts Payable Accountant who will have primary responsibility for accounts payable process, 1099 maintenance, Sales & Use Tax reporting, vendor maintenance, processing various Corporate Payments and credit card payments and assist with other departmental functions as requested. We are looking for someone who loves Accounts Payable and wants to take ownership of our AP process, who understands the importance of being proactive versus reactive, and who has the initiative to look for efficiencies and increase overall utilization of the AP system to the betterment of the organization.
If you have the right experience, are self-motivated and forward thinking, process oriented while thinking quickly, analytical and detail oriented, don’t like “micro-management” but are collaborative, then consider working for our stable, one-of-a-kind community financial institution, where one-on-one relationships are the keys to our success. This is the place where you can truly expand your career as we grow regionally.
Specific Experience Required:
- Associates Degree from an accredited college and a minimum of 2-years’ experience in Accounts Payable.
- Strong skills and comfort with computers and accounting software
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy, especially with math
- Experienced and professional communication skills (including the synthesis of data and translating for appropriate use by non-accountants, presentation skills, etc.)
- Demonstrated research skills – Ability to dig for information from the internet and other sources and to gain information from other financial institutions
- Curiosity about regulatory compliance for financial institutions, with ability to make recommendations of “best practices” for consideration by management
- Demonstrated initiative and curiosity to learn and grow in personal knowledge and capabilities
Salary and Benefits:
Countybank offers a competitive salary, exceptional retirement and insurance benefits.
If you have some of the above experience, are self-motivated, are able to create your own job structure, develop and grow others, don’t like “micro-management”, but like to build innovation into your day, then consider working for this stable, one-of-a-kind community financial institution, where one-on-one relationships have been the key to their success. This is the place where you can truly expand your career potential as this institution grows regionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe that talent and effort are the foundation of a great associate. We look forward to learning about how you see yourself in this critical organizational role.