Loan Support Specialist
Greenwood , South Carolina
Last Day to Apply: March 20, 2019
Loan Support Specialist
For Countybank – Greenwood SC
Serving our clients, our communities, and our associates
Countybank is a privately held, high-growth financial services institution. We focus on the customer relationship and provide the best possible products and services to our clients. Countybank offers customers a full suite of financial services, including banking, insurance, mortgage, investments, and trust.
Countybank is seeking a Loan Support Specialist. The Loan Support Specialist is the key administrative position for the Loan Support Department. The Loan Support Department serves as loan processing for all Consumer and Commercial lenders, regardless of market. While previous loan processing experiences is helpful in this position, it is also a good entry point for someone to learn the loan support process.
Major Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Department Representation: demonstrates commitment to organizational and departmental goals through
- Adherence to stated policies, procedures and guidelines
- Being flexible in assignment of job duties based on the needs of the department
- Loan Processing:
- Must be proficient in all commercial/consumer products and loan types
- Understand the loan payment process and have full knowledge of how core systems operate
- Assist in loan closings and servicing; manage and track loan distributions
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all aspects of commercial/consumer closings
- Accounting and Reporting:
- Daily balancing of for loan related General Ledger accounts
- Work Daily Loan Support reports and make necessary corrections (non-post, new notes audit, DDL, NSF, etc.)
- Maintain and track all tickler reports
- Maintain flood insurance report and track incoming cancellations
- Loan Administration:
- Order all Appraisals in a timely fashion (in-house and secondary)
- Process and scan all incoming closing related documents (i.e. recorded mtgs, final title)
- Assist in scanning loan files
- Maintain adverse action files and produce appropriate letters
- Maintain supply requisition
- Assist Loan Support Manager/Credit Administration with commercial/consumer compliance
- Willing to complete regular training via internal computerized training, webinars, external sources, etc. on a timely basis
Qualifications, Education/Job Skills:
- High School Diploma required; 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, majoring in Business or related field preferred
- 1 - 3 years verifiable working experience in a loan support and/or administrative role.
- Proven ability to easily learn computer software, above average Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Above average technical ability to extract data from various systems and generate customized reports for Management/Board.
The ideal candidate for this position should be self-motivated, possess a high level of initiative, and be able to make deadlines, even under pressure. The right person must be able to handle daily job duties without constant supervision, work as part of an existing team. This position requires someone with above average organizational and time management skills but also someone who can work on several duties at the same time. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are a must. Also understand the importance of organizational confidentiality and must be able to understand and apply the Core Values of TCB Corporation while working with internal as well as external customers.
Salary and Benefits:
TCB Corp. offers a competitive salary, exceptional retirement and insurance benefits.
If you have some of the above experience, are self motivated, are able to create your own job structure, develop and grow others, don’t like “micro-management”, but like to build innovation into your day, then consider working for this stable, one-of-a-kind community financial institution, where one-on-one relationships have been the key to their success. This is the place where you can truly expand your career potential as this institution grows regionally.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe that talent and effort are the foundation of a great associate. We look forward to learning about how you see yourself in this critical organizational role.