Lead Teller - Anderson Hwy 81
Anderson, South Carolina
Last Day to Apply: July 12, 2018
Full-Time Financial Center Lead Teller
For Countybank, Anderson Hwy 81 – Anderson, SC
Great Culture, Great People, Great Opportunity
Countybank, a privately held and high-growth Financial Services Institution is accepting applications for a seasoned, qualified Financial Center Lead Teller, who has past experience as a teller.
Under the direction and coaching of the Financial Center Manager, the right candidate will serve new and existing customers in our Anderson Hwy 81 Financial Center, providing our customers and prospects with positive financial solutions to their requests, while accurately and efficiently processing routine teller and desk transactions, in compliance with standard banking procedures. This ideal associate in this position leads other branch staff by example, setting a positive tone and displaying an exceptional work ethic. The Lead Teller asks themselves daily “is the team prepared, responsive, on time, trained, professional in appearance and attitude, following security/operational procedures, are they ready to go?!”
This is not “just a teller” position, but an opportunity for an enterprising, high achievement professional to introduce a diverse array of other financial products and services, which most customers don’t even know exist within the local bank, to your valued customers. Additional income can be made over and above your regular salary by making referrals to other highly valued financial services, such as investments, trust, mortgage, and insurance. In other words, you can earn “performance pay” over and above your regular salary if you’re able to influence customers to consider other financial services. By the way, this Bank is more than a bank…it’s a one-stop-shop for busy professionals who want one place where they can trust their financial future.
The successful candidate will have worked in a banking environment, but desire, now, to be a part of a value-driven, customer-centric financial services institution whose stability in the marketplace is unsurpassed.
Specific skills required are:
- 3 -5 years previous bank teller experience
- Must set a good example of professionalism and be a great resource for associates with less experience.
- Must be able to lead other tellers and demonstrate planning and decision-making skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Extremely strong interpersonal/communication skills such that you can get to know your customers and they you. You can call them by name.
- Financial acumen
- Strong desire to solve customer problems quickly and satisfactorily so that customers will come back to you for help.
- Some up-selling experience or ability; comfort with telling people you know about our services.
- High school diploma (minimum); Bachelors degree preferred but good common sense and a desire to achieve and continue learning is even more important.
The ideal candidate will have a desire to grow and develop personally and professional as this organization continues to grow. We want someone who truly loves the customer-service experience and considers themselves a high-performance teller. After-hour events are encouraged and offer opportunities to build new relationships and business opportunities for your referral base.
Countybank offers competitive base salary, opportunity for incentives and exceptional benefits.
This is a full-time position in a smoke and drug-free workplace with strong corporate values that foster associate growth and satisfaction.
If you believe your talents, your experience and your personal interests are a good fit for this position, please apply online.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe that talent and effort are the foundation of a great associate. We look forward to learning about how you see yourself in this exciting role.